Happiness Galore: 12 Simple ways to Be & Remain Happy.
खुशहाली जीवन का अभिन्न हिस्सा है! जीवन जटिल है, अच्छे और बुरे दोनों पक्षों और अनुभवों का मिश्रण है., आशा और निराशा, सफलता और विफलता जीवन के अभिन्न अंग हैं! अपने विचार को सकारात्मक विचारों से भरें .खुशहाली यानि कि प्रसन्नता को एक आदत बनाएं. आपके दिमाग में नकारात्मक चीजों और विचारों के लिए कोई जगह न हो.जब आप अपने कर्म से प्रेम करते हैं तो आपको उसी में आनंद आता है और लाइफ एन्जॉय से भर जाती है. Grief, when shared divides, but HAPPINESS, when Shared, Multiplies. Happiness Galore- Inspirational Article.
- Make a habit of THANKSGIVING even for small things. Express Thanks often, to your friends, relatives, employees and children, anyone, for bringing happier moments. Seeing others happy, specially Children, can make us very happy. Have lots of friends, family members and Children around whenever you can, which adds to your Self-assurance and Confidence level in addition to happiness.
- Adopt an Attitude of GRATITUDE. It is impossible to feel bad about a situation, when you are feeling Grateful. Be Thankful to God for his mercies. When upset, think of something you are Grateful for. Just before shutting your eyes every night, PRAY & Count your Blessings and Good fortune which all of us have plenty rather than past misfortunes which all of us have some. Always look at what you have. Pray regularly and have explicit faith in God. Prayer and faith are the architect of Happiness in our lives.
- Limit your DESIRES : Wanting more and more but not having the means, can make anyone very unhappy and leads to a feeling of inferiority complex and dissatisfaction. In life, there is no end to wants and desires. Fulfillment of one desire leads to another. You have to stop somewhere. After your basic needs have been met, Money or Things it can buy, does not contribute to your Happiness Quotient.
- Being HELPFUL : Each time you are kind or help someone, your happiness quotient goes up considerably. Best Portions of a Good man’s life, are his little nameless unsung acts of kindness and love. Being Generous, Kind and Capable of Giving, will positively make you happy and add to your feel good factor. Shift Stress to ‘GIVE’ in life. Society has given you so much. Give something back and see the difference in yourselves. Do not ignore or look the other way when you see the miseries around you. Respond to your conscience. Try to do whatever little you can and feel the difference and enjoy your happiness level after you have done your bit.
Forgive and Forget- The best Attitude
- FORGIVE & FORGET: Forgive and see how great you feel. Do not carry the weight of other’s grudges in your life. Drop them and see how light you feel. Forgiveness is about loving oneself enough to be Honest, Open minded and rearing to go ahead in life. Forgiveness adds to life’s Positive Attitude and give you lot of Peace of Mind and tranquility resulting in perpetual Happiness.
- GOOD HEALTH : Irrespective of how much money you make and all those goodies you can buy with it, unless you enjoy good health, all that comes to a big naught. 45 minutes of morning walk and exercise is the blessing for the whole day. Eat moderate light meals. Avoid tempting but unhealthy and harmful Junk Foods. Laugh, at every opportunity and smile at others to see others smiling back at you. Keep repeating in your mind the events, people and small things which made you particularly happy.
- AVOID SOCIAL COMPETITION or one-upmanship which is the major cause of unhappiness and acrimony in most of us. Do not react when others’ show-off. Simply ignore such overtures. Ostentatious living, always in competition with others, does not make sense as a lifestyle not to your Taste, Maturity or Tranquility. Always be Co-operative and you will see others co-operating with you, happily. Have NO EXPECTATIONS from others, since you are unhappy when those are not met.
- Learn to COPE UP WITH STRESS : Uncertainties and Problems of daily lives are normal but essential part of everyone’s life. We always tend to think that bad things happen to us only. NO. Everyone has his own problems. Do not Crib, Complain or Criticize. Do Not Play the most Popular Blame Game. No one likes to be in the company of those who are always cribbing and complaining. Sincerity and honesty plays important role in achieving the goal of happiness in life. What you are inside, should be outside. You can’t be both Phony and Happy.
- Be APPRECIATIVE of Things and People. Express your Sincere Appreciation whenever you can. Always be on the lookout for good. Be good and good only will return. When you are looking out for good, you will always find it. Never hesitate to express good thoughts and appreciation. It will make you feel Happy and others too in your company. Often, people are very vociferous and critical about things. But are not expressive when they like something or find something to be appreciative about. Everyone needs appreciation which results in motivation. If you can provide it to them, you will, in turn, add to your own happiness and sense of well-being. Try Being a good Listener rather than good speaker.
Read Also: The Power of Will Power
- Avoid SELF PITY, single biggest cause of depression and resultant unhappiness. Always keep your Self-esteem and Self-worth high in your own mind. Set your own Standards and do not ape others. Avoid being petty. Do not let your happiness be Captive to others’ Actions or Outbursts. Take pride in yourself and your heritage. Always look at brighter side of things.
- WORK is WORSHIP. Enjoy your work. Ultimately, it is after an honest day’s work, you will feel happy, satisfied and elated.
- Have something TO LOOD FORWARD TO. Anticipation of some good time would always make you happy. Those who look at life with anticipation, see possibilities for Happiness in everything. Always focus on the present. Most of us, tend to regret the past and dread the future. Be Bold. Shun that gut wrenching feeling of guilt complex which is a road block to your Progress, Sense of happiness and general feeling of well being. Get over that feeling of guilt over things or happenings over which you have absolutely no control. But you do have control over the future. Fill it with Good Deeds. Do them in equal measure. After having done your Best, leave things in God’s hand.
Read Also- Change The Only Constant in Life
Happiness is not the absence of conflict but, your ability to cope with it. Idea is to offer Positive, step by step guidelines for faithful living, suggesting you to change your attitude towards disappointments, keep focus on your goals and unlock the tremendous healing power of Positive Attitude, ushering an era of total and complete happiness in life. Happiness is actually a state of mind. And Human Mind is an Ocean. Always full of Thoughts! It is up to you to fill this ocean with undrinkable Salt Water (Negative Thoughts) or Life giving Sweet Water (Happy Positive Thoughts).
Happiness is what we all crave for in life- in some form or other.
Happiness Galore- integral part of life!
Life is complex, Both Good and Bad, Hope and Despair, Success and Failure. All integral part of life! Fill your mind with Positive Thoughts and make Happiness a Habit and Goal in life with above Twelve ways. Let there be no space in your mind for anything negative.
Excerpts from- ‘GOODNESS GALORE’. Capt. Ravi Mahajan Retd.